1. Lin HH, Wang JP, Lin CL, Yao YC, Wang ST, Chang MC, Chou PH. What is the difference in morphologic features of the lumbar vertebrae between Caucasian and Taiwanese subjects? A CT-based study: implications of pedicle screw placement via Roy-Camille or Weinstein method. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2019 May 25;20(1):252. (Corresponding author)
2. Lin HH, Chang MC, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chou PH. The fates of pedicle screws and functional outcomes in a geriatric population following polymethylmethacrylate augmentation fixation for the osteoporotic thoracolumbar and lumbar burst fractures with mean ninety five month follow-up. Int Orthop. 2018 Jun;42 (6):1313-1320. (Corresponding author)
3. Chou PH, Lin HH, An HS, Liu KY, Su WR, Lin CL.Could the Topping-off Technique Be the Preventive Strategy against Adjacent Segment Disease After Pedicle Screw-Based Fusion in Lumbar Degenerative Diseases? A Systemic Review Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:4385620. doi: 10.1155/2017/4385620.
4. Chou PH, Lin HH, Su YP, Chiang CC, Chang MC, Chen CM*. Staged Protocols for the Treatment of Infected Non-union and Bone Defect of the Femoral Shaft with Ilizarov’s Technique Followed by Use of Intramedullary Locked Nailing. J Chin Med Assoc. 2017 2017 Jun;80(6):376-382.
5. Chou PH, Wang ST, Ma HL, Liu CL, Chang MC, Lee OK. Development of a two-step protocol for culture expansion of human annulus fibrosus cells with TGF-beta 1 and FGF-2. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016 Jul 12;7(1):89.
6. Chou PH, Wang ST, Yen MH, Liu CL, Chang MC, Lee OK. Fluid-induced, shear stress-regulated extracellular matrix and matrix metalloproteinase genes expression on human annulus fibrosus cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016 Feb 27;7(1):34.
7. Chou PH, Ma HL, Liu CL, Wang ST, Osacar K. Lee, Chang MC, Yu WK. Is removal of the implants needed after fixation of burst fractures of the thoracolumbar and lumbar spine without fusion? A RETROSPECTIVE EVALUATION OF RADIOLOGICAL AND FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMES . Bone Joint J. 2016;98-B(1): 109-116.
8. Chou PH, Ma HL, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chang MC2, Yu WK. Fusion may not be a necessary procedure for surgically treated burst fractures of the thoracolumbar and lumbar spines: a follow-up of at least ten years. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Oct 5;96(20):1724-31.
9. Chou PH, Chen WM, Chen CF, Chiang CC, Liu CL, Chen TH. Clinical Comparison of Valgus and Varus Deformities in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty Following Midvastus Approach. J Arthroplasty. 2012 Apr;27(4):604-12
10. Liu KY, Chen TH, Shyu JF, Wang ST, Liu JY, Chou PH. Anatomic study of the axillary nerve in a Chinese cadaveric population: correlation of the course of the nerve with proximal humeral fixation with intramedullary nail or external skeletal fixation. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2011 May;131(5):669-74. (Corresponding author)
11. Chou PH, Shyu JF, Ma HL, Wang ST, Chen TH. Courses of the radial nerve differ between chinese and Caucasians: clinical applications. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008 Jan;466(1):135-8.
12. Chou PH, Feng CK, Chiu FY, Chen TH. Isometric measurement of wrist-extensor power following surgical treatment of displaced lateral condylar fracture of the humerus in children. Int Orthop. 2008 Oct;32(5):679-84.
13. Chou PH, Huang TF, Lin SC, Chen YK, Chen TH. Synovial chondromatosis presented as knocking sensation of the knee in a 14-year-old girl. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2007 May;127(4):293-7
1. Yao YC, Chou PH, Lin HH, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chang MC. Risk Factors of Cage Subsidence in Patients Received Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2020 May 28.
2. Liu MY, Chou W, Chien TW, Kuo SC, Yeh YT, Chou PH. Evaluating the research domain and achievement for a productive researcher who published 114 sole-author articles: A bibliometric analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2020 May 22;99(21):e20334.
3. Ma SC, Chou W, Chien TW, Chow JC, Yeh YT, Chou PH, Lee HF. An App for Detecting Bullying of Nurses Using Convolutional Neural Networks and Web-Based Computerized Adaptive Testing: Development and Usability Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May 20;8(5):e16747.
4. Yao YC, Lin HH, Chou PH, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chang MC. Risk factors for residual neurologic deficits after surgical treatment for epidural abscess in the thoracic or lumbar spine. Spine J. 2020 May 14:S1529-9430(20)30191-1.
5. Kan WC, Chou W, Chien TW, Yeh YT, Chou PH. The Most-Cited Authors Who Published Papers in JMIR mHealth and uHealth Using the Authorship-Weighted Scheme: Bibliometric Analysis. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May 7;8(5):e11567.
6. Lee YL, Chou W, Chien TW, Chou PH, Yeh YT, Lee HF. An App Developed for Detecting Nurse Burnouts Using the Convolutional Neural Networks in Microsoft Excel: Population-Based Questionnaire Study. JMIR Med Inform. 2020 May 7;8(5):e16528.
7. Lin CH, Chou PH, Chou W, Chien TW. Using the Kano model to display the most cited authors and affiliated countries in schizophrenia research. Schizophr Res. 2020 Feb;216:422-428.
8. Lin HH, Chiu CH, Chou PH, Ma HL, Wang JP, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chang MC. Functional outcomes and survival after surgical stabilization for inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer with spinal metastasis of the thoracic and lumbar spines: a retrospective comparison between epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitor and platinum-based chemotherapy groups. Spinal Cord. 2019 Sep 9. doi: 10.1038/s41393-019-0352-7.
9. Lin HH, Lu YH, Chou PH, Chang MC, Wang ST, Liu CL. Is bony attachment necessary for dynamic reference frame in navigation-assisted minimally invasive lumbar spine fusion surgery? Comput Assist Surg (Abingdon). 2019 Dec;24(1):7-12.
10. Yao YC, Lin HH, Chou PH, Wang ST, Chang MC. Differences in the interbody bone graft area and fusion rate between minimally invasive and traditional open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: a retrospective short-term image analysis. Eur Spine J. 2019 Sep;28(9):2095-2102.
11. Shi P, Chee A, Liu W, Chou PH, Zhu J, An HS. Therapeutic effects of cell therapy with neonatal human dermal fibroblasts and rabbit dermal fibroblasts on disc degeneration and inflammation. Spine J. 2019 Jan;19(1):171-181.
12. Wang JP, Yu HM, Chiang ER, Wang JY, Chou PH, Hung SC. Corticosteroid inhibits differentiation of palmar fibromatosis-derived stem cells (FSCs) through downregulation of transforming growth factor-β1 (TGF-β1). PLoS One. 2018 Jun 26;13(6):e0198326
13. Lin CL, Chou PH, Fang JJ, Huang KY, Lin RM. Short-segment decompression and fixation for thoracolumbar osteoporotic fractures with neurological deficits. J Int Med Res. 2018 Aug;46(8):3104-3113.
14. Feng SW, Chang MC, Chou PH, Lin HH, Wang ST, Liu CL. Implantation of an empty polyetheretherketone cage in anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: a prospective randomised controlled study with 2 years follow-up. Eur Spine J. 2018 Jun;27(6):1358-1364.
15. Lin CL, Chou PH, Fang JJ, Huang KY, Lin RM. Short-segment decompression and fixation for thoracolumbar osteoporotic fractures with neurological deficits. J Int Med Res. 2018 Aug;46(8):3104-3113.
16. Cheng MF, Ma HL, Lin HH, Chou PH, Wang ST, Liu CL, Chang MC. Anterior release may not be necessary for idiopathic scoliosis with a large curve of more than 75° and a flexibility of less than 25. Spine J. 2017 Sep 20.
17. Lin HH, Chang MC, Chou PH, Hung PI, Wang ST, Liu CL. Preoperative Planning of the Lateral Entry Point Is Necessary in Percutaneous L5 Vertebroplasty. World Neurosurg. 2017 Aug;104:476-481.
18. Liu W, Liu D, Zheng J, Shi P, Chou PH, Oh C, Chen D, An HS, Chee A. Annulus fibrosus cells express and utilize C-C chemokine receptor 5 (CCR5) for migration. Spine J. 2017 May;17(5):720-726. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2017.01.010. Epub 2017 Jan 17.
19. Hung PI, Chang MC, Chou PH, Lin HH, Wang ST, Liu CL. Is a drain tube necessary for minimally invasive lumbar spine fusion surgery? Eur Spine J. 2017 Mar;26(3):733-737.
20. Liu W, Hu L, Chou PH, Liu M, Kan W, Wang J. Comparison of anterior decompression and fusion versus laminoplasty in the treatment of multilevel cervical ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2016 Apr 26;12:675-85.
21. Lin HH, Chou PH, Wang ST, Yu JK, Chang MC, Liu CL. Determination of the painful level in osteoporotic vertebral fractures--Retrospective comparison between plain film, bone scan, and magnetic resonance imaging. J Chin Med Assoc. 2015;78(12):714-8
22. Huang TH, Ma HL, Wang ST, Chou PH, Ying SH, Liu CL, Yu WK, Chang MC. Does the size of the rod affect the surgical results in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis? 5.5-mm versus 6.35-mm rod. Spine J. 2014 Aug 1;14(8):1545-50.