1. Chang HY, Hang JF*, Wu CY, Lin TP, Chung HJ, Chang YH, Pan CC. Clinicopathological and molecular characterization of papillary renal neoplasm with reverse polarity and its renal papillary adenoma analogue. Histopathology. 2020 Dec 22. [Online ahead of print] (*Corresponding author)
2. Lin YY, Lin LY, Hang JF, Lin CH, Ho HL, Chou TY. Programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1)/thyroid transcription factor-1 double immunohistochemical staining facilitates scoring of tumor PD-L1 expression in cytopathology specimens from lung adenocarcinoma patients. Cancer Cytopathol. 2021 Feb;129(2):148-155.
3. Lin SY, Hang JF, Lin YY, Lai CR, Ho HL, Chou TY. Diffuse Intratumoral stromal inflammation in ovarian clear cell carcinoma is associated with loss of mismatch repair protein and high PD-L1 expression. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2020 Sep 4. [Online ahead of print]
4. Lee YC, Chen JY, Huang CJ, Chen HS, Yang AH, Hang JF*. Detection of NTRK1/3 rearrangements in papillary thyroid carcinoma using immunohistochemistry, fluorescent in situ hybridization, and next-generation sequencing. Endocr Pathol. 2020 Dec;31(4):348-358. (*Corresponding author)
5. Liu CY, Bychkov A, Agarwal S, Zhu Y, Hang JF, Lai CR, Na HY, Li W, Liu Z, Jain D, Suzuki A, Hirokawa M, Chia N, Nga ME, Jitpasutham T, Keelawat S, Park SY, Satoh S, Chen CC, Gunawardena D, Kumarasinghe P, Jung CK, Kakudo K. Cytologic diagnosis of medullary thyroid carcinoma in the Asia-Pacific region. Diagn Cytopathol. 2021 Jan;49(1):60-69.
6. Chowsilpa S, Jones R, Hang JF, Ali SZ. Characterization of “suspicious for malignancy” for non-papillary carcinoma diagnoses on thyroid fine-needle aspiration. J Am Soc Cytopathol. 2020 Jul 15:S2213-2945(20)30117-4.
7. Lai WA, Liu CY, Lin SY, Chen CC, Hang JF*. Characterization of driver mutations in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma identifies RAS and PIK3CA mutations as negative survival predictors. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Jul 20;12(7):1973. (*Corresponding author)
8. Kuroda N, Trpkov K, Gao Y, Tretiakova M, Liu YJ, Ulamec M, Takeuchi K, Agaimy A, Przybycin C, Magi-Galluzzi C, Fushimi S, Kojima F, Sibony M, Hang JF, Pan CC, Yilmaz A, Siadat F, Sugawara E, Just PA, Ptakova N, Hes O. ALK rearranged renal cell carcinoma (ALK-RCC): a multi-institutional study of twelve cases with identification of novel partner genes CLIP1, KIF5B and KIAA1217. Mod Pathol. 2020 Dec;33(12):2564-2579.
9. Zhu Y, Li Y, Jung CK, Song DE, Hang JF, Liu Z, Jain D, Lai CR, Hirokawa M, Kakudo K, Bychkov A. Histopathologic assessment of capsular invasion in follicular thyroid neoplasms: An observer variation study. Endocr Pathol. 2020 Jun;31(2):132-140.
10. Lai WA, Hang JF*, Liu CY, Bai Y, Liu Z, Gu H, Hong S, Pyo JY, Jung CK, Kakudo K, Bychkov A. PAX8 expression in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma is less than those reported in early studies: a multi-institutional study of 182 cases using the monoclonal antibody MRQ-50. Virchows Arch. 2020 Mar;476(3):431-437. (*Corresponding author)
11. Wu PF, Hang JF, Strong C, Chen SJ, Lin LY, Chen SS, Lai CR, Ku SW, Lee MH. Anal human papillomavirus and its associations with abnormal anal cytology among men who have sex with men. Sci Rep. 2020 Feb 21;10(1):3165.
12. Alruwaii F, Hang JF, Zeng BR, Cramer HM, Lai CR, De la Sancha C, Wu HH. Risk of malignancy in "atypia of undetermined significance" category of salivary gland fine-needle aspiration: A bi-institutional experience. Diagn Cytopathol. 2020 Feb;48(2):138-143
13. Wang YH, Hang JF*, Wen CH, Liao KC, Lee WY, Lai CR. Diagnostic agreement for high-grade urothelial cell carcinoma in atypical urine cytology: A nationwide survey reveals a tendency for overestimation in specimens with an N/C ratio approaching 0.5. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Jan 22;12(2):272. (*Corresponding author)
14. Sahli ZT, Sharma AK, Canner JK, Karipineni F, Ali O, Kawamoto S, Hang JF, Mathur A, Ali SZ, Zeiger MA, Sheth S. TIRADS Interobserver variability among indeterminate thyroid nodules: A single-institution study. J Ultrasound Med. 2019 Jul;38(7):1807-1813.
15. Wu HH, Alruwaii F, Zeng BR, Cramer HM, Lai CR, Hang JF*. The application of the Milan system for reporting salivary gland cytopathology: A retrospective 12-year bi-institutional study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019 May 3;151(6):613-621. (*Corresponding author)
16. Sahli ZT, Karipineni F, Hang JF, Canner JK, Mathur A, Prescott JD, Sheth S, Ali SZ, Zeiger MA. The association between the ultrasonography TIRADS classification system and surgical pathology among indeterminate thyroid nodules. Surgery. 2019 Jan;165(1):69-74.
17. Hang JF*, Alruwaii F, Zeng BR, Lai CR, Wu HH. Subtyping salivary gland neoplasm of uncertain malignant potential based on cell type demonstrates differential risk of malignancy. Cancer Cytopathol. 2018 Nov;126(11):924-933. (*Corresponding author)
18. Hang JF, Westra WH, Zhou AG, Cooper DS, Ali SZ. The impact of noninvasive follicular thyroid neoplasm with papillary-like nuclear features on the rate of malignancy for atypia of undetermined significance subcategories. Cancer Cytopathol. 2018 May;126(5):309-316.
19. Bishop JA, Andreasen S, Hang JF, Bullock MJ, Chen TY, Franchi A, Garcia JJ, Gnepp DR, Gomez-Fernandez CR, Ihrler S, Kuo YJ, Lewis JS Jr, Magliocca KR, Pambuccian S, Sandison A, Uro-Coste E, Stelow E, Kiss K, Westra WH. HPV-related multiphenotypic sinonasal carcinoma: An expanded series of 49 cases of the tumor formerly known as HPV-related carcinoma with adenoid cystic carcinoma-like features. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017 Dec;41(12):1690-1701.
20. Hang JF, Hsieh MS, Li WY, Chen JY, Lin SY, Liu SH, Pan CC, Kuo YJ. Human papillomavirus-related carcinoma with adenoid cystic-like features: A series of 5 cases expanding the pathologic spectrum. Histopathology. 2017 Dec;71(6):887-896.
21. Hang JF, Charu V, Zhang ML, VandenBussche CJ. Digital image analysis supports a nuclear-to-cytoplasmic ratio cutoff value of 0.5 for atypical urothelial cells. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017 Sep;125(9):710-716.
22. Hang JF, Westra WH, Cooper DS, Ali SZ. The impact of noninvasive follicular thyroid neoplasm with papillary-like nuclear features on the performance of the Afirma gene expression classifier. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017 Sep;125(9):683-691.
23. Hang JF, Siddiqui MT, Ali SZ. Fine needle aspiration of langerhans cell histiocytosis: A cytopathologic study of 37 cases. Acta Cytol. 2017;61(2):96-102.
24. Hang JF, Lilo MT, Bishop JA, Ali SZ. Diagnostic accuracy of fine needle aspiration in thyroid nodules arising in patients with Graves disease. Acta Cytol. 2017;61(2):117-124.
25. Hang JF, Hsu CY, Lin SC, Wu CC, Lee HJ, Ho DM. Thyroid transcription factor-1 distinguishes subependymal giant cell astrocytoma from its mimics and supports its cell origin from the progenitor cells in the medial ganglionic eminence. Mod Pathol. 2017 Mar;30(3):318-328.
26. Hang JF, Li AF, Chang SC, Liang WY. Immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutant protein in colorectal cancers in Taiwan is highly concordant with the molecular test. Histopathology. 2016 Jul;69(1):54-62.
27. Lai CR, Hsu CY, Hang JF, Li AF. The diagnostic value of routine Papanicolaou smears for detecting endometrial cancers: An update. Acta Cytol. 2015;59(4):315-8.
28. Hang JF, Liang WY, Hsu CY, Lai CR. Integrating web-based whole slide imaging system and online questionnaires in a national cytopathology peer-comparison educational program in Taiwan. Acta Cytol. 2015;59(3):278-83.
29. Cheng CH, Hang JF, Tsau YK, Lin TY. Nephromegaly is a significant risk factor for renal scarring in children with first febrile urinary tract infections. J Urol. 2011 Dec;186(6):2353-7.